Monday, July 21, 2008

The "Billie Jean" Argument

The story goes like this...

We're at the zany and remote Velvet Elk Studio working on a song, and the song "Billie Jean" gets brought up. Now, this happens more often than you think. It's one of the most simple and brilliant bass and drum intros to a song. I give it tint fragmential adge over Queens' "Another One Bites the Dust." An edge that will most likely switch sides as soon as I next hear "aNother One..."

Anyway, we're discussing the brilliance of the "Billie Jean" bass line and stuffing our faces at the same time. Whilst I am in mid-bite, Paul "Eagle Feather" Garisto decides to chime in with his rendition of the aforementioned bass line. However, he does this incorrectly, or so I believe. An argument, of sorts, ensues. Additionally, I believe I may have won this battle, but Eagle still claims otherwise.

Let's go to the videotape.

No comments: